Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Has Begun

POTUS, sworn in and ready for Mortal Kombat

I took a bit of a break with good reason. I have expressed in the past my reservation and skepticism over the hype of any individual elected to office. To me, words are just words until action is taken. Once action has been taken, those words will naturally be revealed as truth or fallacy on its own. Barack Obama has said a lot. Now that he's POTUS, we shall soon see what conclusions his actions will draw on his rhetoric. It seems like an appropriate grace period, but now we start once again.

Congratulations, Mr. President. Your inauguration speech reminded me of both the hope that drives us and the perils ahead. The next four years will be a daunting period for American history and I wish you the best of luck.

Good, now get to work and don't ever forget that we, the American people, are your bosses.