Saturday, October 25, 2008

End Game

Oops, sorry I was wrong
But it's ok, I have no accountability to worry about

I don't know about you, but for me, it was a little surreal to witness the former Federal Reserves chair person admit that he was wrong. He was so revered that I even thought I was crazy for disagreeing with him. But now I know I wasn't crazy for thinking that a system fueled by greed can self regulate itself. In fact, this man has to be completely out of touch with reality to have thought that greedy people know when to say no.

Regardless, at his prime, this man was an untouchable economic guru. Watching his downfall signaled an end to an era. In fact, his admission of guilt is the official nail in the coffin for me. Not since the end of the Cold War has history seen such a dramatic conclusion to an ideology.

Bill Clinton, for all his faults, steered the country right. We were an example for others and our example solidified our victory in the battle over ideology during the Cold War. That victory was hijacked over the past 8 years. In less than 12 weeks, I hope we get back on track.